Projects I'm participating in:
Since arriving in Kumasi, the IDEO team has studied where all the waste from pit latrines, sewers, and plastic bags ends up. And they've seen some pretty disturbing things…
Sanitation is a tough topic to discuss – it’s taboo, private, and a generally distasteful thing to ask about. At the same time, it’s done behind walls, in the dark, or at least out of the public eye, so it’s not something one can easily observe. This makes design research quite difficult.
With an IDEO.org team teaching Zambia's first ever Health + Design Summit, IDEO.org Co-Lead Jocelyn Wyatt chronicles the critical importance of field research, particularly for those who are new to the human-centered design process.
IDEO.org Co-Lead Jocelyn Wyatt provides some history on the progress of the Ghanasan project so far, a design process that started with the team asking millions of questions just 14 months ago.
With the IDEO.org" target="_blank">IDEO.org cookstoves team in Zanzibar, Tanzania, IDEO.org Co-Director Jocelyn Wyatt explains why the adoption of a new technology like the clean cookstove isn't always a straight path forward.
Whenever I’m asked my impressions about India, one of the things I always remark on is the sense of optimism that permeates the culture.
Tiffany, Adam, and Jocelyn spend three days with WaterHealth in Hyderabad and Krishna districts working together to develop a communications strategy to increase the WaterHealth customer base.
The team spends the week working with the team from WSUP (Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor), which is busy building a microenterprise to distribute water in the slums of Bangalore.
Jocelyn Wyatt - Co-Lead of IDEO.org and a lead on the Ghanasan team - explains why one of the toughest things about prototyping in the field is having to explain to people why you need to take the prototype away after they have tried it.
WSUP seeking entrepreneurial manager based in Nairobi for new water and health enterprise
- 430 days ago
- Views 672
- Comments 0
Know any marketing firms, PR firms, or public affairs specialists in India?
- 491 days ago
- Views 515
- Comments 4
Is anyone planning to attend the Skoll World Forum in Oxford?
- 495 days ago
- Views 493
- Comments 2
- What are innovative ideas that you have seen in popup health clinics from anywhere in the world?
- who else out there is developing sustainable shelter?
- We need great ways to promote environmental sustainability AND economic security in rural farming communities!
- Looking for HCD job, any good tip would be welcome!
- Any interesting initiatives planned or ongoing in Stockholm / Sweden?
- Has anybody used a HCD approach specifically for active transportation (pedestrian/bicycle) related work?
- Help! I need a good cab driver in Nairobi
- In your own projects, what role do you feel you play in the HCD process?
- Does anyone work in or have connections to fabulous projects in Colombia?
- Know of outstanding social enterprises in Liberia?